The Italian Festival
General Rules and Regulations
These rules and regulations will be enforced by The Italian Festival Board!
1. Sportsmanship will be enforced. The Italian Festival has the right to refuse to allow contestants to participate if unsportsmanlike conduct or disrespecting the Italian Festival in any way is displayed at any time or in past pageants. Once entry fee is received, there will be no refunds.
2. No contestant or guardian will manipulate any judge for their benefit. If a judge is approached for that purpose, you will be disqualified, with no refund. Also, you will not be allowed to enter our pageant for up to 3 years, at which time a decision will be made by the board to allow you to enter the pageant again.
3. Contestants must be ready for group line up 20 minutes prior to competition. Sunday Best is required for age groups 12-23 months through 8-9 years. Modeling ability is not required in our 12 months - 9 year divisions. Ages 10-12 year division will wear long dresses.
4. Points will be deducted for “big pageant” hair and hair extensions or excessive make-up for 12 months - 9 year divisions. Make-up if worn at all in the 6 years to 9 year divisions should be light and used only to enhance their beauty. These young contestants will be judged on some modeling, facial beauty, personality, and overall appearance.
5. There will be 3 Xs on the floor just as a guide for contestants to use. There will be no practice time before the pageant.
6. Contestants have to enter the correct age group. However the Italian Festival Board can use discretion and allow contestants who are within a few weeks of one age group to enter that age group. (Miss Division excluded).
7. Deadline for the contestants Toddler to Teen can register from 8:00 am - 10:00 am on TBA. All those who register at the door are required to register during this time frame in order to go over rules and regulations and complete paperwork.
Miss Contestants deadline is TBA. There will be a mandatory meeting for all Miss Contestants on TBA at Tickfaw City Hall from 6:30. Please come prepared to have your picture taken for the paper.
8. The Italian Festival Board or Southeastern Louisiana will not be responsible for personal loss, theft or injury to any person on the premises.
9. Contestants can come dressed. There are no official dressing rooms available, but there is an area in the restroom entrance for changing. There is a place to set up for hair and make-up.
10. Contestants must be residents of Tangipahoa, Livingston, St Tammany and Washington Parishes only or live within a 50 mile radius from the Village of Tickfaw.
11. Score sheets can be requested.You can only request to see your contestant’s scores.
12. Contestants must be born females in all of our queen divisions. If any contestant has ever been married or has bore a child, she will not be eligible to enter the pageant.
13. You may not enter our pageant if you are a current reigning royalty of another active fair or festival or pageant in any of our age divisions.
14. If you are chosen as one of our Queens in any division, you will not be allowed to participate in any other fair, festival or pageant until you have completed your reign for the Italian Festival. Also if you compete in other weekend pageants and that title interferes with any Italian Festival event or function, you will be required to relinquish your title with the Italian Festival immediately. Any winner who participates in another fair or festival pageant regardless if they win or place will have to forfeit their title with the Italian Festival. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS. You must also return your crown, banner and any other awards if you are removed as queen. There will be no refunds.
15. If you are chosen as one of our Italian Festival Royalty, you may not enter our pageant for one year after your 2021-2022 reign.
16. Crowned royalty shall be responsible for the care and upkeep of their crowns and sashes. If these items are lost or damaged, it is the responsibility of the queen or guardian to replace them.