2016- 2017 Italian Festival Pageant Divisions
AGE TIME DRESS CODE ENTRY FEE
6-11 mos Baby 9:30 am Sportswear/casual $60.00
12-23 mos Toddler 10:00 am Sportswear/casual $60.00
2-3 yrs. Tiny 10:30 am Sportswear/casual $60.00
2-3 yrs. Toddler King 10:30 a.m. Sportswear/casual $60.00
4-5 yrs. Tiny King 10:45 a.m. Sportswear/casual $60.00
4-5 yrs T’Nincy 11:00 am Sportswear/casual $60.00
6-7 yrs Petite 11:30 pm Sportswear/casual $60.00
8-9 yrs Little 12:00 pm Sportswear/casual $60.00
10-12 yrs Deb 12:15pm Sportswear/casual $60.00
13-15 yrs Junior 4:30 pm Long Dress $75.00
16-17 yrs Teen 4:30 pm Long Dress $75.00
18-23 yrs Queen 4:30 pm Evening gown/Long Dress $75.00
There will be no registration at the door. The registration deadline is Thursday, September 22, 2016. There will be a mandatory meeting for all contestants and one parent on the 22nd at 6:30 p.m. at Tickfaw City Hall.
Groups may start 20 minutes prior to time.
Photogenic: Optional Entry fee $5.00 - Submit only ** 1 photo ** No larger than a 5 x 7
Name, Age, and Division on the back of the photo.
Please make sure to pick up your photo before you leave or they will be discarded.
Registration may be mailed in or dropped off to any board member. Money Orders only if mailed and received by the deadline which is September 22, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. Cash will be accepted if delivered in person. We no longer accept checks. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Pageant forms can be printed from our web site at www.theitalianfestivalorg.com
No refunds will be given for any fees paid.
6 mos. ~ 17 yrs. Winner receives: Beautiful monogrammed Banner, Beautiful crown, trophy or tray, participate in all festival functions, attend our Annual Ball and area parades.
18-23 yrs. 2016~2017 Italian Festival Queen Receives: Beautiful monogrammed banner, Crown (must be returned), $500.00 Scholarship and participate in all festival functions including the Italian Festival Annual Ball and parade. Queen will be expected to attend all parish events and festivals.
You will be required to sign a contract for your full year of reign.
Awards will be given to the alternates.
General Information:There will be no registrations accepted at the door. Entrants must be residents of Tangipahoa, Livingston, St. Tammany Parishes or Washington Parishes only or a 50 mile radius from the Village of Tickfaw. No Refunds will be given. No official dressing rooms are is available, but there is an area in the restroom entrance for changing. There will be a place to set up for hair and make- up. All judges will be qualified. Rules and Regulations will be attached with this form and will be fully enforced.
Door admission: $5.00
Only the contestants are admitted free of charge
For more information contact:
Veda Abene at 985-974-0565 or Raven Morales Johnson at 225-252-2231.
To request an application be emailed to you email - firstname.lastname@example.org or raven0692@gmail
The Italian Festival Pageant
General Rules and Regulations
These rules and regulations will be enforced by the Italian Festival Board.
1. Sportsmanship will be enforced. The Italian Festival Board has the right to refuse to allow contestants to participate if unsportsmanlike conduct is displayed at any time or in past pageants. Once entry fee is received, there will be no refunds.
2. No contestant or guardian will manipulate any judge for their benefit. If a judge is approached for that purpose, you will be disqualified, with no refund, and asked to leave the premises. Also, you will not be allowed to enter our pageant for up to 3 years; at which time a decision will be made by the board to allow you to enter the pageant again.
3. Contestants must be ready for group line up 20 minutes prior to competition. No pageant wear, no Sunday best, nor modeling ability is needed in our
6 months - 7 years divisions. Casual wear only for 6-11 months through 12-12 years.
4. Points will be deducted for “big pageant” hair and hair extensions, pageant wear, dressy church outfits or excessive make-up for 6 months - 12 year old divisions. Make-up if worn at all in the 6 years to 12 years divisions should be light and used only to enhance their beauty. Also, points will be deducted in the 6 years -12 years divisions for any pro am modeling. These young contestants will be judged on some modeling, facial beauty, personality, and overall appearance.
5. There will be 3 Xs on the floor just as a guide, but contestants do not have to use them. There will be no practice time before the pageant.
6. Contestants have to enter the correct age group. However the Italian Festival can use discretion and allow contestants who are within a few weeks of one age group to enter that age group if no other contestants are in that particular age group. This will be allowed only in the 6-11 months through 10-12 years groups.
7. Deadline for the contestants to enter is September 22, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. Also, there will be a mandatory meeting on Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at the Tickfaw City Hall. All contestants and one parent or guardian must attend this mandatory meeting.
8. The Italian Festival Board or Southeastern Louisiana University will not be responsible for personal loss, theft or injury to any person on the premises.
9. Contestants can come dressed. There are no official dressing rooms available, but there is an area in the restroom entrance for changing.
10. Contestants must be residents of Tangipahoa, Livingston, St Tammany or Washington Parishes only or a 50 mile radius of the Village of Tickfaw.
11. Score sheets can be requested when the auditor's have them completed tallying the scores from each division. You can only see your contestant's scores.
12. Contestants must be born females in all of our queen divisions. If any contestant has ever been married or has bore a child, she will not be eligible to enter the pageant.
13. You may not enter our pageant if you are a current reigning royalty of another active fair or festival in the age group divisions of 13 years - 23 years divisions. Also should you become a queen of another active fair or festival during your reign as our queen in the 13 years – 23 years divisions, you will be removed as our royalty of that age division. You must also return your crown and banner if you are removed as queen. At that time, a decision will be made by the Executive Board of The Italian Festival and the Pageant Director.
14. If you are chosen as one of our Italian Festival Royalty, you may not enter our pageant for one year after your 2016-2017 reign.
15. Crowned royalty shall be responsible for the care and upkeep of their crowns and sashes. If these items are lost or damaged, it is the responsibility of the queen or guardian to replace them.